TutorCAD (“the Company” or “we”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how the Company collects and uses personal information about suppliers to the Company (“Suppliers”) and customers of the Company (“Customers”) (known collectively as “You” or “Your”), in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
TutorCAD is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about You. We are required under data protection legislation to notify You of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to Suppliers and Customers. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time but if we do so, we will provide You with an updated copy of this notice as soon as reasonably practical.
It is important that Suppliers and Customers read and retain this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about You, so that You are aware of how and why we are using such information and what. Your rights are under the data protection legislation.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about You must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to You and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told You about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told You about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We will collect, store, and use the following personal information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and fax numbers, and financial information (such as account or credit card number).
How is your personal information collected
Information that you provide is collected: by filling in forms on our site, by using our online services or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, financial and credit/debit card information and identification documentation.
If you are making an enquiry we will need brief details of the nature of your enquiry and if it involves a third party their details in order that we can undertake a conflict search. We would like to know if you have used our services before or who has recommended you to us.
Details of your visits to our site: (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location and log in data, weblogs, page interaction information and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
We collect personal information about Employees through the application and recruitment process, either directly from candidates or sometimes from an employment agency. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including former employers, credit reference agencies or other background check agencies.
We will collect additional personal information in the course of job-related activities throughout the period of when an Employee works for us.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
How we will use information about you
We will only use Your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use Your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we have entered into with You.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and Your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Situations in which the Company will use personal information
We need all the categories of information in the list above primarily to allow us to perform our contracts with Suppliers and Customers to enable us to comply with legal obligations. The situations in which we will process personal information are listed below.
- to process orders and deliver a product or provide a service you have requested.
- to conduct credit checks, determine appropriate payment terms and enter into contracts with you.
- to contact you and provide you with order shipping and billing information.
- to meet contract obligations.
- to support recruitment enquiries.
- to send you communications of interest that you have requested, such as e-mails or SMS (text) messages about our products and services, targeted marketing, and promotional offers, all subject to your communication choices. These communications may occasionally include information from other companies about products and services that can add value to our products and services.
- to send you operational communications, such as service packs, or product or service notices communicating actions you should take regarding a product or service you have registered and/or purchased.
- to ensure the use of our products and services is licensed and in compliance with applicable law.
- to undertake any of the activities described in the “Data Sharing” section below.
- for any related purpose that you would reasonably expect, such as general administrative functions.
- to provide you with product registration, activation, and technical and customer support.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
If Suppliers and Customers fail to provide personal information
If Suppliers and Customers fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the respective contracts we have entered into with Suppliers and Customers, or we may be prevented from complying with our respective legal obligations to Suppliers and Customers.
Change of purpose
We will only use Your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use Your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify the Supplier and Customer, as is appropriate in the circumstances, and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process a Supplier’s or a Customer’s personal information without their respective knowledge or consent, as relevant to the circumstances, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may have to share Supplier and Customer data with third parties, including third-party service providers.
We require third parties to respect the security of Your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Why might the Company share Supplier and Customer personal information with third parties?
We will share Your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with You or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
TutorCAD is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties. Be sure to review the privacy policies, supplemental notices, and settings of all websites or platforms that you visit so you can understand these practices and your options.
Unless TutorCAD has your permission to do so, we do not rent, sell, share, or trade your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
We may share your personal information, including personal information we have combined with other information, with authorised third parties (such as our business partners, service providers, vendors, licensees, authorised third-party agents or contractors) who help with our business operations, including the storage and processing of personal information.
Examples include fulfilling orders, sending communications, removing repetitive personal information from customer lists, ensuring accuracy of personal information, analysing data and providing related services, providing marketing assistance, and processing credit card payments. We require that Authorised Third Parties to agree to implement reasonable safeguards to protect the personal information, and to use the personal information only for the purposes for which it was provided.
How secure is my information with third-party service providers?
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect Your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use Your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process Your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What about other third parties?
We may share Your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. In this situation we will, so far as possible, share anonymised data with the other parties before the transaction completes. Once the transaction is completed, we will share Your personal data with the other parties if and to the extent required under the terms of the transaction.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain Your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of Your personal data, the purposes for which we process Your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise Your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with You, in which case we may use such information without further notice to You. Once you are no longer an Employee, or a Customer benefiting from the Company’s services or a Supplier, as is appropriate, we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Right of access, corrections, erasure and restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about You is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if Your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law You have the right to:
- Request access to Your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables You to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about You and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about You. This enables You to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about You corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables Employees, Suppliers, or Customers to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove Your personal information where You have exercised Your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of Your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about Your particular situation which makes You want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing Your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of Your personal information. This enables Employees, Suppliers, or Customers, as is appropriate, to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about You for example if You want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your personal information to another party.
If You want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of Your personal information, object to the processing of Your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of Your personal information to another party, please contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access Your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights).
What we may need from You
We may need to request specific information from You to help us confirm your identity and ensure Your right to access the information (or to exercise any of Your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where You may have provided Your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of Your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw Your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw Your consent, please contact us.
Once we have received notification that You have withdrawn Your consent, we will no longer process Your information for the purpose or purposes You originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
In the event of sale of TutorCad or its assets
Change to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the website, and we will provide You with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify You in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us.